Shock Cord and micro-carabiners suspension system for suspending JRB quilts beneath a hammock. Allows the quilt to be attached in under a minute. Simple adjustments to get the proper hang. Now with stronger wire gate carabiner. Total weight – 1.0 oz.
A Dozen Ways To Get The Most Out Of Your JRB Under Quilt Suspension System
The JRB Under Quilt Suspension System was designed to suspend an under quilt on a hammock. Its simple elastic shock cord and ultra light micro carabineer design enables the installation of any of the JRB Standard Family of Quilts on any hammock in the under quilt mode, in under 60 seconds. This simple piece of gear actually has a tremendous amount of utility outside of its primary role. Here are a number of the possibilities:
- When wearing a JRB Quilt around camp the JRB Under Quilt Suspension System serves as an elastic belt to secure the quilt, with the micro carabineers functioning as the buckle.
- Many packs are rich with straps for securing extra items externally or cinching the pack volume when smaller loads are carried. Ultra light packs often minimize these straps. The JRB Under Quilt Suspension System serves to cinch loads and/or attach external items to almost any pack.,/li>
- Soldiers have used “dummy cords” for years to secure gear to themselves or their Load Bearing Equipment to prevent loss. Often these simple techniques employ the use of light cord. Elastic cords have become popular as a way to shorten such cords and still retain maximum range of use. The JRB Under Quilt Suspension System will function as a dummy cords without modification or even knots.
- Stopped for lunch and need to guy out a poncho or small tarp for shelter? The JRB Under Quilt Suspension System readily fills in, again.
- Need to clip a cup to a pack strap? Borrow one of the JRB Under Quilt Suspension System micro carabineers, no need to carry extras.
- No more cord after camp is set up for a clothes line? Use a JRB Under Quilt Suspension System.
- Need a longer line? Simply clip both JRB suspension cords together.
- Wind playing havoc with your clothes line? Create a twisted elastic line using both cords of the JRB Under Quilt Suspension System in parallel and add 3 or 4 twists. The resultant twisted line easily holds socks or corners of garments and keeps them securely in place without extra pins or clips. Those using the JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock will note that the JRB Under Quilt Suspension System when entwined on its parallel Hammock suspension strap creates four two foot long clothes lines that will not drip on the hammock like overhead ridge lines.
- Short on first aid supplies? Need to secure a splint? Use one or both JRB Under Quilt Suspension System cords and micro carabineers.
- Hands cold? No gloves? If you have a set of JRB Sleeves run a JRB Under Quilt Suspension System cord through a sleeve and then wear the assembly as a belt. Instant NFL quarterback style hand warmer muff.
- Wish that you could secure your pant cuffs against ticks and other pests in unexpected tall grasses? Double up the cords and use them as military style blousing rubbers to blouse your pant legs.
- Although untested, conceivably the shock cord could be used as elastics on a sling shot for birds and small game.
These are just a few of the potential uses of the JRB Under Quilt Suspension System. Almost any use calling for a short length of cord around camp can be filled by one or both of the JRB Under Quilt Suspension System shock cords.