Ultralight Quilts keep your pack light while keeping you warm. Featuring .67 nylon fabric and 1000FP down this is the lightest quilt in our lineup.
Designed for use in moderate temperatures. The Ultralight Shenandoah Summer Quilt can be used either as a top summer quilt (in a hammock or on the ground) or as a hammock underquilt (JRB Suspension System sold separately). This sew-through down quilt is ideal for use when temperatures are not expected to be below 40°. For individuals over 5 feet 10 inches tall, we offer a long version (86″ in length).
- Lighter: Ultralight Quilts are more than 30% lighter than a sleeping bag.
- Less Volume: Quilts take up less space in your pack and require less compressing. Which results in not having to wait for your quilt to re-loft.
- Freedom: Quilts are less restrictive than a sleeping bag
- No Zippers: Zippers are heavy and fail at the least opportune moment.
- Easy of Entry/Exist: Ultralight Quilts allow for no-hassle trips to answer the call of nature at night.
- Venting: Quilts make it simple to regulate your temperature. Too Hot? Kick a leg out or throw it off your torso. Too cold? Close the footbox and snap the quilt behind your head to seal off drafts and reduce the dead air space your body needs to warm up.
- Down 1000FP –Nikwax Hydrophobic-Down™ The safe, high-performance, PFC-free, water-resistant down fill for outdoor clothing and gear. As a result, it keeps users warmer and drier in a broader range of conditions.
- Over-stuff: All Jacks ‘R’ Better quilts are optimized with a 25% over-stuff to reduce downshifting and enable the quilt to maintain its rating if the down loses loft between cleanings or due to dampness. We do not recommend any additional overstuffing.
- Long-Term Storage: All Jacks R Better Quilts come in a zippered storage bag that does not compress the quilt and allows airflow. Consequently making it perfect for long-term quilt storage.
- Packing: We recommend using a lawn contractor bag or trash compactor liner while backpacking to keep your quilt dry while allowing it to expand or compress to evenly fill available space in your backpack. We offer compression sacks separately for individuals looking to pack their quilt into the smallest space possible.
- Hammock Fit – The Shenandoah summer hammock quilt works as an underquilt on all gathered-end and bridge hammocks. Including; ENO Hammocks, Hennessy Hammocks, Warbonnet Hammocks, Dutchware Chameleon, as well as most other brands and DIY hammocks.
- Foot Box: The standard footbox is formed with a drawcord, cord locks, and double-sided Kam Snaps. This allows the quilt to be left as a blanket for easy venting in the summer, a footbox to be formed, or multiple quilts to be stacked in colder temperatures.
- Compression Sack: A lot of folks no longer use compressions sacks and instead keep their quilts dry inside a lawn contractor bag or trash compactor liner. We do not want anyone to have to pay for something they do not want so now we offer them separately. For 40° quilts, we recommend the regular-size compression sack.