- Big Meadows Ultralight 40° summer backpacking quilt is comfort rated to 40ºF (5ºC) and features a wide half-taper design. Lightweight, low volume, and generous coverage make it the perfect summer backpacking quilt for thru-hikers, section hikers, and weekend getaways.
Big Meadows Summer Backpacking Quilt Details:
- Size And Shape: The head end is 56″ (1.42 m) wide down to the midpoint and tapers to 46″ (1.17m) at the foot end. A foot box can be formed using snaps and a drawcord.
- 1000FP Down: Fill Power(FP) Fill is a number that indicates the relative performance quality of down. The number comes from a lab test that measures how many cubic inches of loft one ounce of that down fill produces. Higher fill power numbers indicate greater loft requiring less down by weight. 1000FP quilts provide the best warmth-to-weight ration and compress down to a small size for easy packing.
- Over-stuff: Big Meadows Ultralight 40° Summer Backpacking Quilts are optimized with a 25% over-stuff. Besides reducing downshifting it also enables the quilt to maintain its rating if the down loses loft between cleanings. Subsequently, we do not recommend any additional overstuffing.
- Foot Box: The standard footbox is formed with a drawcord, cord locks, and double-sided Kam Snaps. This allows the quilt to be left as a blanket for easy venting in the summer, a footbox to be formed, or multiple quilts to be stacked in colder temperatures.
- Shoulder Pockets: Use the snaps and a drawcord at the head end to form pockets that keep your shoulders warm while you toss and turn.
- Long-Term Storage: All Big Meadows Summer Backpacking Quilts come in a zippered storage bag. This bag does not compress the quilt and allows airflow. Consequently makes it perfect for long-term quilt storage.
- Packing: We recommend using a lawn contractor bag while backpacking to keep your summer backpacking quilt dry while allowing it to expand or compress to evenly fill available space in your backpack. Alternatively, we offer compression sacks separately for individuals looking to pack their quilt into the smallest space possible.
Big Meadows Summer Backpacking Quilt Sizing:
- Regular Size (Recommended For Folks Under 5′ 11″)
Length: 78 inches (1.98 m)
Width: 56 inches (1.42 m) at the head end tapering from the middle down to 46 (1.17m) inches at the foot end
Weight: 12 oz
- Long Size (Recommended For Folks Over 5′ 10″)
Length: 86 inches (2.18 m)
Width: 56 inches (1.40 m)at the head end tapering from the middle down to 46 (1.17m) inches at the foot end
Weight: 13 oz